View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
Timer failure right from the get go. Imagine that one of the Rich Five had been the manufacturer and set them all up to pass the bench test but fail after say four years and six months automatically.
I don't recall any evidence that the Rich Five were that able to influence the Project - can anyone tell me where it says that? Because it seems that if they were, the Project would be in dire, dire straits right from the get go, and the whole feel of the game becomes radically changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
That or the Timers actually do go off but some programming in the code actually doesn't wake the teams up because its looking for the wake up call and not a timer. A single line of code written wrong can doom everything. I've seen things like that happen where an update has actually derailed the entire program and no one knew it until a specific set of circumstances had passed.
I actually considered something like that, but I prefer a story that has conflict between strong sides over a story that has the home team just fumbling the ball.