Thread: FARMING in T2K
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graebarde
Well I think in the US there is even a better area than a cemetary to dig up, that being the golf courses. Of course a lot of them are on sandy soil, but they would still work, with work and luck.. always luck.
Actually i'd flip it around, move the cows/sheep/goats/lama's/ect onto the golf courses and plow up the old grazing land.

One of the things i was thinking about in regards to large vs small farms is the problem with refugees. On one hand it's more hands to do the work that can only now be done with brute force...and that's good , but on the other hand it's more mouth's to feed and that's bad especially when you start having to figure out who exactly get's to be at the head of the line feed wise (your family? your extended family and friends? Some guy you don't actually know but his daughter is veterinarian or your computer programmer little brother from the city?).

Large pre-existing farm’s (were they exist at all, threes a bit of a riganil deference here as well) are going to be known. Local people as well as long distance relatives and friends are going to be making for 'em not to mention any "military" type units. also sooner rather than latter the rumor at lest is going to get out to the refuge masses.....people are going to want in but there’s going to be a tipping point were the number of workers vs ability to support workers+dependints is at it's limit.

Smaller "new" farm's have a better chance of staying under the radar longer.