View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:53 PM

Remember, you chastised me for remembering the setting. Now it's my turn for you to do the same.

I would say that both would be reduced but personnel needs drive equipment needs.

You really don't want to drop a squad below 7. It's possible to do it, but problematic to say the least. 7-11 is a good number, with 9 being ideal. If you can't reach that minimum, start consolidating bodies. If you go over, start adding more squads.

As far as vehicles, I told you that I had 28 assigned and 20-22 present at any given time...what I left out was that I had 3 ICV Strykers, 3 ATGM Strykers, 1 FSV Stryker, 1 MRAP, and 2 Humvees assigned to my platoon.

At any given time, we'd only roll in 3 vehicles, preferably the ICVs, barring special circumstances. Next in priority was the FSV, then the MRAP, then the ATGMs. The Humvees never left the main FOB, much less our JSS.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.