View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Propane tank and flares, nope, it would burn for a while, the gas inside would boil, the steal would weaken and the tank would either burn out or split where the tank had been compromised.

C-4 working as a propellant, sure but not in the type of barrel you have in mind. And I would not put that much C-4 nor would I use a "barrel" that narrow, and I wouldn't pack the charged either. Something like a larger canon barrel you could get the desired effect of basicaly a directional blast. My question is, if you have the C-4, why not just make a claymore, it would be easier and safer.

Tracers igniting gasoline, it can. Remember tracers have different ballistics than a normal round. If the gass is leaking sure, if the round lodges in the tank sure. I have seen tacers loose their jackets on the range and bounce all over. So that is what I would thinkk would do it, a peice of the burning jacket would come off and that is what would ignite the fuel.