View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier
For me, part of the reason why I like the V1 time line is because of when it takes place. None of the modern weapons of today, its all classic, hard core, cold war gear.

That said, I do acknowledge it would be all around better suited with the USSR having an improved economy.
IRL, the collapse of the Soviet economy was partially brought about by US military technology, and the Soviets trying to keep up -- unsuccessfully. Militarily, they sort of thought the West's military engineers were magicians. Their economy couldn't support that kind of R&D.

In a T2K v1 timeline, this might lead to a sense of increasing desperation --"We better attack now before they come up with something we definitely can't counter. We already can't match their technology -- we'll have to overwhelm them with numbers, which we have right now..." That sort of argument.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com