View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95th Rifleman View Post
However when things star to come unstuck I can see BNP, NF and EDL members being arrested because they will be a big threat to internal security.
Agreed. When the proverbial hits the fan I think extremists from both ends of the political spectrum could expect to find themselves being detained at Her Majesty's pleasure in such choice locations as Dartmoor and the Isle of Wight. I'm sure I read somewhere that the Isle of Man was also cited as a possible location of an internment camp (although that might have been during World War 2). How long people would stay interned is possibly more debatable...I could see numbers of people being initially rounded up in a sort of knee jerk reaction only to be released later.

My alternative Survivor's Guide has a character based on George Galloway - when I finally get round to doing a bio for him I intend to have him interned for a period of time early in the war before his status as an MP gets him released.