View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Legbreaker "I'm sure I've seen a machine specifically designed to chew through bricks, stone, steel and pretty much any other type of building rubble. Although not exactly common, and a little on the large side, it could be something for your occupants to seek out. "
very true, and useful for recycling concrete as agregate for rubble walls or fill, but there are some chemical processes which go beyond what is likely possible (or practical) for some time to turn it back into a usable concrete mix which would follow. still it's all very good information.

In my campaigns, I often have convicted looters, in work gangs breaking this stuff up with sledge hammers, and pics, and using to fill stripped out vehicles to form the core of rubble walls, and them built up with salvaged brick, block, or whatever is locally available to use. I just try to stay away from wooden stockade fencing because I see wood as to important as a cooking and heating fuel, although that too might be found in enclave's located in more heavily forested area's than the US East coast.