View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 07:36 AM

Good job, lots of detail. Well done coming up with something that fits with canon.

Couple of comments...

You've got a few duplications...you have 1st Battalion, Coldstream Guards with 54th Infantry Brigade in the UK and with 8th Infantry Brigade in Northern Ireland, 2nd Coldstreams in Iceland and with the 33rd Armoured Brigade in Germany and 1st / 10th PMO's Gurkha Rifles in Brunei and with the BAOR as part of 6th Airmobile Brigade. 7 Royal Anglian are listed as part of 2nd Brigade and subordinate to Leicester City Council.

Most of the Guards Battalions didn't follow conventional numbering terms for their Companies - e.g. in place of an A Company 1st Grenadiers have a Queen's (or King's when the Sovereign is male) and 1st Welsh Guards have a Prince of Wales' Company. The other Companies use numbers and not letters (if I recall correctly the Scots Guards were a law unto themselves - 2nd Battalion used Right Flank, Left Flank, and Centre for their Companies).

Whilst I fully appreciate the role Scottish troops have played at Balaklava, Waterloo, etc those were British battles. I think it's more likely that an SNP leadership would consider using something more distinctly Scottish for the Company names for the Royal Army of Scotland reserve Companies, but that's maybe just me...there'd almost certainly be a Flodden Company (that said, imho I think it's highly unlikely that said SNP leadership would call their army "Royal" - who exactly does this prefix refer to!? However, that's probably a separate point)

A lot of your TA deployments are quite different to what they would probably have been IRL but I presume that's intentional to try and fit in with canon.

Just a few thoughts...