View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:09 PM

Default Recommendations on Kalo's Inf Battalion.

Kalos 72:

All comments are recommendations worth at least what you paid for them. (humor attempt)

I'm assuming (but could be wrong) you are using LCV to be "light cargo vehicle" and UCV to mean "larger cargo vehicle." Is that correct?

If this is a US based organization, I think it would much more likely be a Task Force then a Battalion, since there are units that would normally be reinforcements to a Inf Battalion, as opposed to organic elements (Engineers, MPs, and Artillery for example).

In the Headquarters Company consider adding a "Command Post" section. This might include a Intelligence Section (S-2) (the Scout and Snipers would likely work for them), an operations Section (S-3)(+/- 7 men who run the Command Post(CP)), Logistics Secition (S-4) and Comms Section (S-6).

Assuming they have radios and when static wire capabiliities, I recommend you add a Communications Platoons, 5 - 7 (including the S-6) men who work in the Bn Command Post and those who are assigned to Co and Platoons.

The Support Section: For T2K might look something like
Logistics Section HQ: 2 men (Logistics officer and his chief)
Armory Section: 4 men
Supply Section: 17 men (primarily concerned with fuel and food stockage and delivery)
Mess (Food Service) Section: 13 men (Mess Sgt and 3 x 4 man teams each cooks for a Co with a field kitchen trailer?)
Motor Tranport Maintenance Section: 18 men
Ammo Section: 6 men
Medical Platoon (your numbers don't look too high assuming no other support).

I'd recommend you enlarge your engineer platoon (give them 13 man squads).

I'd recommend you consolidate the light mortar squads and HMG Squads from your companies into a "weapons platoon." The weapons would actually operate in support of the rifle platoons but they would likely be more effective, beter supplied and better trained if in a platoon, where they could be massed as required.

- Your unit is very light on anti armor weapons. You may want to consider giving "bazookas" or RPG-7 or 16 at least at Platoon Level, and maybe add a "Anti-Armor" platoon at Bn Level (with towed AT Guns or ATGM?)