View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:19 AM

Default My Own Commentary

Disclaimer - I don't make these comments as a mod, but as a member. That said, I am a mod at all times on this board, so even though I don't intend to make comments in my role as a mod, I do intend to hold myself to the standard.

It's been a fairly ugly time on the board of late. And I want to apologize for that. I for one, and I speak for myself, feel that I have failed you as a user community.

Our job, like it or not, is to police this community. We don't get to lose our cool, or engage in flame wars. We can have friends here, and yes, enemies, but when it comes time to do our jobs, we must do them like the Terminator, swift, impartial, and without malice or feeling.

That's not to say anyone failed, or didn't. Whatever goes on behind the scenes, that's for us, the mod community to worry about. Our job is to make sure that never spills over onto the rest of you.

You deserve that much.

Now, I want to address the thoughts about what happened.

1. Olefin's ban - There was a lot of discussion. I won't name names either. And it was at times, pointed. Not heated, but pointed. Olefin, love him or hate him is a lightning rod. I've told him more than once he tends to damage his own cause. Considering I suffer from the same issue, I can sympathize. It's why I tend to sleep on major decisions. I have ADHD, so my executive decision making capability can be a bit...flawed. Not saying that makes me the best man for everything, but I am doing my damndest to make sure you all know I will do my job as I see it. To tell the truth, some of you have made comments that I heartily disagree with, but they didn't cross the line. So, as a Mod, I may not like em, but I gotta let them go. Sometimes, I see stuff I agree with that does cross a line and I gotta step in. Such was the case with Olefin of late. This brings me to point two...

2. V4 - Version 4 sadly, is turning into a trainwreck that many of us are forming an opinion on. There's a lot of theories on why this is happening. I have my own. Can we do each other a favor and not assume bad faith till we can prove it? I suspect there's a lot of things being overlooked and perhaps even some language issues going on here. I am trying to get an interview with Tomas for "500 Miles" so, we'll see where that goes. If that happens, I promise I will be asking some hard questions. Polite but hard. You all as a community deserve that much. I ask till then, please keep the powder dry?

3. Going Forward - We're having discussions about what we as mods can do better, and I suspect we'll all be doing things a little different after this. I can't say more than that. But rest assured, we will do our best by you. You deserve that.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).