Thread: MP Gear
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
I always wondered who's bright idea it was to issue berets of all things? Its not exactly the best head gear in the field after all and its not like the Morrow Teams were trying to be mistaken for Green Berets with Morrow Project badges on their shoulders.
And on that note, where did the badge come from?

Berets are awesome and were rather popular with some quite elite Allied units in ww2. As they helped soften the shape of the head thus making for a less clear target for a sniper or anyone with a rifle. Steel helmets of the time barely being able to keep out the rain.

Now the met police in the UK are considering issuing Sikh officers in firearms and riot units with turbans made from bullet resistant cloth.

So I can't see why a resist weave beret would be out of question. Perhaps with a protective inner liner as well.

In game terms perhaps enough to give a foolish team member shot in the head, a painful if not fatal lesson in being more common.

Indeed there's also a Russian company that makes self defence hats from tough material, with a solid rim. Kind of like an Oddjob baseball cap, so why not weaponise a beret. I believe when brawling in the days before DDay some soldier would use their berets as a sort of cosh. Holding one end and striking their fellow brawler with the heavy badge end.