View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:02 PM

From the Australian point of view, it's extremely doubtful we'd take any of the South Africans if Apartied was still in force. Australian's like to think we're multicultural (the reality is somewhat different), and so the populace would strongly resist what might essentially be the setting up of a racist "sub-nation" within our borders.

We'd also be likely to reject any offers of nuclear weapons even though we're one of the greatest producers of Uranium in the world. We also only have one tiny research reactor in the country, which is regularly picketed by anti nuke protestors.

I would imagine New Zealand would have a similar outlook.

With regard to what might happen with South Africa as a country, my guess is very little would change. My understanding is that under Apartied they had to become virtually self sufficient in almost all ways, developing their own military hardware, etc. Therefore the collapse of the rest of the world would likely have little real impact on them.

On the other hand, WWIII might spark a general uprising in the native population, and along with an influx of refugees from other African countries which even though aren't subject to white rule would be in worse state, the military would be hard pressed to keep control.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem