View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 01:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

If you go on Youtube, there is a recording from WOWO in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and WCCO from Minneapolis, Minn where on Saturday February 20th, 1971, NORAD send down the wrong message tape to the EBS and radio stations where instead of using a teat tape, they used one declaring a real attack. The WOWO announcer, Bob Sievers, upon receiving this stopped playing "Doesn't Somebody Want to Be Wanted" by The Partridge Family and announced from "Cheyenne Mountain" issued an "emergency action notification." I heard the aloofness in his voice, he seemed like a deer in headlights as he was stammering in the microphone trying to keep the public informed despite him not knowing what is going on. I can't blame him because I'm sure in his mind as well as many listeners that they are afraid that their lives will be changing very drastically in 15 minutes. He was also calling to all newsmen to report in as well as telling the listeners that WOWO went down to low power and tell other listeners out of the area to tune to their own local emergency stations. When the word came down that is was an accident, Sievers sounded very relieved.