View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I like that, Jason. I wonder how much armor the west will really be able to supply to the Chinese, though. I see Chinese domestic production as key to re-armoring to any significant extent. I think that they would be able to do what the Soviets did in '41 and move their factories far enough from the front to be able to produce without too much Soviet interference. I agree that Western ATGMs are what really makes the difference in stopping the '96 Soviet offensive. Then, as I see it, Chinese armor, supplemented by American-made LAV-75/Ridgways and Stingrays turn the tide. And then they get nuked.
The trouble is, the Chinese AF just aren't able to keep up with the Soviets..at first. The elements of the AF that are learning to use the new Western kit are still in the US and elsewhere, learning how to use it. What's left is in the same position the Soviet AF was in in '41-'42, being tackling dummies for the other side. The Soviets also take down the Chinese AD network with frightening ease, blowing large holes in it for raids of Bears, Backfires, Badgers and Fencers to range throughout China. And most of the raids are at night..which means the Chinese are at a further disadvantage.

By limiting themselves to a single target set, the Soviets have a doable option. That said, they will not knock out Chinese arms production completely (we didn't manage it with the Germans either), but it will set it back. And losses for the Soviets are going to be lower..many of the attacks are via ALCM (Conventional AS-4/6).

It's really not until the AVG arrives, and the Chinese AF begins to integrate the hardware it has..with what it is getting and implement something right out of the German WWII "Wild Sow/Tame Sow" tactics...that they begin to get the measure of the Soviet AF.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).