View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner63 View Post
You must forgive me as I have not used or seen my MP books and material in quite some time but I am a long time fan of the game and the scenario.
I say that as my memory might be a bit foggy on some points.
When it comes to the uniforms and equipment I have always had a lot of questions.
I could see wearing a jump suit of some type in a bolt hole or an installation but not in the field.
Since most of the teams were frozen in the 80s I would think the clothes and gear would be either the current military issue of the day or recent surplus.
As the teams are not to necessarily be "military" a solid color uniform may less threatening.
Who knows what the locals might think about that.
I see them wearing a set of O.D. or Khaki slant pocket B.D.U.s and not berets but boonie hats or baseball style caps in the same colors.
These clors would suit any of the terrain in the U.S.
I don't see them needing a walking out dress uniform at all.
Just some thoughts...
Hey welcome aboard. Always glad to see new users.

I try to give my teams a variety to choose from as far a s head gear, as different areas of the country will to different needs. My game has more military involvement, a continued cold war and a later start date so I am barely canon in that respect. I also really ramp up the equipment as I want a team to be able to survive 5 years alone, if they wake early in the sleep phase.

I like the ACU because of utility reasons. But I could easily see swapping them out for an OD color. As I said before though I expect my teams to be reintegrated into any surviving military command structure, so appearing to be regular military is OK.

While there is no field need for a beret or dress uniform, from a unit/project pride perspective I can see it being important. I probably would not assign them to field units but would keep a dress uniform for every member at their regional base. Once supply from that base is established to the unit they can put in a request for it (like if they have a wedding to attend or such). I think little things like that keep up spirits.