View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespers War View Post
Are the first two supposed to be "less skilled" careers? The only reason I ask is because the most common first term has six skills for by-the-book civilians:

Equals EDU (1): Undergraduate University
Six (17): Graduate University, Law School, Technical School, Attorney, Civil Engineer, Commercial Pilot, Computer Operator, Construction Worker, Criminal, Entertainer, Farmer, Federal Law Enforcement, Government Agent, Idle Rich, Journalist, Manager, Private Investigator
Five (5): Mechanic, Registered Nurse, Professor, State/Local Law Enforcement, Truck Driver
Four (4): Factory Worker, Medical Doctor, Paramedic, Politician

Most of the less-than-six-skill careers have bonuses (factory workers, nurses, professors, doctors, and truck drivers get two secondary activities [either immediately or in their second term], law enforcement gets +1 Initiative in their second term, and politicians can't be drafted) - only the mechanic and paramedic don't have something to compensate for the lost skill(s). Well, other than being the person everyone wants to keep alive so they can fix things (mechanic) and being the person trained to keep people alive (paramedic).
No, that was my error, thanks for catching it, I'll adjust accordingly.