Thread: Combat Rules
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 12:16 PM

Default ahem..

4D damage is the same as the 7,62 N round gets in game.I dont really see that thats the way either .The amount of damage in physical contact with explosion is the stated number C:2 means that it has twice the potency of a 9mm round if you are at an arms length,1D up until 8 m and half that again 8-16 meters.I think the army had a few lawsuits in mind when they set the backblast ranges-at 40 m a m72 might stun you or blow a pebble in youreye ,but it is not gonna be as dangerous as being hit by a pistol shot .

all imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker
Doesn't seem right to me. As posted previously, jungle warfare instructors in the Australian Army teach the use of backblast as an effective weapon in close terrain.

C:2 means what? You stand more than about an arms length or two away and effectively all that happens is your hair is messed up? The M72 danger area is 40 metres in distance!

Perhaps backblast whould be treated more like burn damage rather than concussion or fragments? Using the M72 as an example (and only a suggestion, open to adjustment), damage could be in the order of 4d6 if within five metres, 3d6 out to ten, 2d6 to 20 and 1d6 to 40 metres. Hard cover halves these ranges. If fired from an enclosed area, the firer is subject to backblast damage calculated as twice the distance to the wall/obstacle directly behind them to represent the blast bouncing back at them?

The ranges and damage seem a little high in the example above, but I wouldn't want to go less than half those figures.