Thread: Combat Rules
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
Attachment 414

The rules concerning use of sighting devices could bear a little discussion .

If a character uses laser sight - a little laser emitter that "paints" a red/green dor wherever its calibrated to aim -what would be the effects on the shoorting ?The rules seem calibrated for iron sights or long range scopes ,but there are implements to make shooting quicker and more accurate today .

the rules in the GAZETEER supplement say that you get 2 aimed shots instead of one in a phase where you have already aimed the previous phase .

But is this accurate ?

Shouldnt it rather be just a numerical bonus to the roll say +1 for aimed shots or quick shots ?Or maybe " 2 aimed shots if previous phase was used to aim and +1 to quick shots ?"

any other suggestions ?

What about optical devices such as Aimpoint,Eotech,Holosights,Trijicon red dot sights etc etc .What kind of bonus to the shooting do you see here ?

Please give some input .
The Special Operations book for T2K 2nd ed. talks about taking three aimed shots when using a laser sight within 40 meters. I added that all three of the aimed shots must target the same hit location if the player wanted to declare a Targeted Shot (i.e. name the hit location).

I found this rule to be a little over-powered at times. Stealthy operators with silenced laser scoped SMG's can drop alot of bad guys, leaving the rest of the gaming group standing around doing nothing but getting bored.

I like the idea of a bonus per shot like +2, with a max of three shots aimed, but all shots must be Targeted Shots. The bonus for aiming would be cancelled by the penalty for calling tageted shots, but every shot would target the same hit location.