View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
If what Snowden said about the the NSA having led more than 61,000 hacking operations worldwide, the digital espionage traffic definitely does not seem pretty much one-way. All the major powers engage in espionage and always have, it's just how the game is played. There's just whole new vistas of espionage possibilities now in the digital age.
I had a coworker who was a system architecture genius. He built supercomputer clusters for Fermi Lab and was deeply involved in Amazon's first major expansion. This was in addition to a 17 year career at ATT/Lucent(US phone company and their tech division).

Onetime a group of us were talking and the subject of the NSA came up. He was totally silent on the conversation except for going deadly serious for one single statement. "You cannot fathom what the NSA is capable of." Given his skill set and past, I knew he KNEW what he was talking about but could not say more. I have never worried about US capabilities since then.

Last edited by kato13; 05-04-2021 at 12:12 PM. Reason: totally -> deadly (captures the mood better) - superconducor -> Supercomputer