View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
As a GM I'm currently running Twilight:2000 (v2.2), Traveller: The New Era and GURPS. This last one for ancient, medieval or fantasy adventures or campaigns. I used to run (and I hope to run again in the future), Star Wars D6

And, as player, GURPS, Call of Cthulu and...I'm afraid I have been asimilated, too...D&D, D20.
I've been asimilated too... for now. I'm running D&D 4e. but with a decidedly AD&D/old style Gygaxian klunky feel to it. Main reason is because most of my players (who are also good friends in real life) are really into it. Surprisingly, it was the break I needed and it really served to give me a fresh perspective in GM-ing (or DM-ing, in D&D speak).

I also ran a Traveller free trader campaign set in the Spinward Marches in 1112. I planned to run it through to the convergence point between the classic traveller canon timeline and that of the Megatraveller timeline (the assassination of the Emperor and the resulting rebellion) but the campaign withered away after 3 months of intense gaming. I think it was GM burnout. I used Gurps 4e. Interstellar Wars as my rules platform but liberally cribbed stuff from all extant editions of Traveller (not to mention other SF rpgs including Star Frontiers).

I'm glad to see that lots of players in our forums are into Traveller too.

My Twilight 2015 game set with the Chinese incursion of Luzon sort of petered out too but not until the players made it past one of the last mechanized offensives which was stopped before it got to Clark AFB/Subic Bay. (GM burnout is a very common problem with me, but my friends are understanding) I also used Gurps 4e here.

I've recently revisited both versions 1 and 2 of Twilight and am falling in love with them again. I'm open to the idea of running another escape from Kalisz epic.

Amongst the other games i've had a chance to run or play in the past 5 years were Fading Suns and classic AD&D. I'm hoping my gaming life picks up a bit in the next few months as I may have to go on hiatus again when my wife gives birth to our second baby.