View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielmeister

Yes, 3rd ed would be an excellent choice for a ww2 campaign (what theater of operations will you play in?) as well as Traveller. One thing going for you is the wealth of 3e ww2 sourcebooks out there (very informative stuff too, and great reading), as well as traveller 3e sourcebooks too. If you are not picky with the system (3e vs. 4e) 3e is good for traveller as 99% of gurps traveller sourcebooks are 3e and it does not look like they'll convert them to 4e. And the wealth of choices is staggering: mercenaries, naval action, merchants (ala firefly), exploration, skullduggery, you name it....
Bon dia!

Ei Spielmeister! Thanks for yor extensive response!

I have one group of players that, for the moment, has always played with GURPS 3rd Edition (ups! and Star Wars D6, too). So, I think I will follow your suggestion and I will try to run a WWII campaign using GURPS. I will begin with a mini-campaign where the players are british paraglider infantry assaulting Pegasus Bridge (or similar) on D-Day. But with the "what-if" modification that everyting will go wrong on the beaches (I will introduce some new german weapons?) and they must fins a way to return home...("good luck, you're in your own, now").

Another atractive idea is about a campaign were the characters begin as regular infantry in the british army, doing delaying actions while retreating towards Dunkirk. If everything goes well and they reach Great Britain, they will be transferred to tha "Commandos" to begin combat actions in Norway. And, to the end... Perhaps a little optimist, but a group of PC fighting and surviving the entire WWII would be great!