View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 06:29 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
The T92 is a decent idea; I say decent because it's way out of date and would need a host of upgrades to make it viable on the modern battlefield. Fire control system, new, heavier-caliber gun (90mm would be a good compromise between weight and firepower) with gun stabilization, GPS/land navigation, BFT, Vehicle State, and perhaps some MEXAS applique armor tiles on the front and sides of the turret and hull, along with a thickened floor. And maybe a suspension upgrade. Somewhat more powerful and more compact engine to cope with what would be increased weight. New electrical system to cope with increased electronics. Better night vision. We may need something along the lines of the T92, perhaps even using the T92 as a base, but not the T92 itself.

I'll give you kudos for a good idea, though.
I have no disagreement with what you're saying - if it was to be put into service in the 1990s.

However I was working from the idea that the T92 would be taken into service in the 1960s and then through the usual armoured vehicle improvements, kept in service into the 1980s or even the 1990s.
That way the T92 would have been part of the US roster for a reasonable amount of time just like the M113, with all the expected upgrades keeping it a viable vehicle over that time and thus it would be a well established part of US airborne forces for the Twilight War.