View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

You could have the 'options for change' that happened during the early-1990s be a restructuring to make the army more flexible and more able to deal with a wide variety of threats and not just the Soviet Union... This is what i did in my alternate T2k campaign that had a slow build up to the nuclear exchanges. Especially with what the British media refer to as the new series of 'troubles' happening around the Globe. There was something i had written about each of the brush fire wars happening, and the names for each of the conflicts used by the British Media (that would be picked up by American Media as well).

The media would name these brush fire wars such as The <name> Conflict, the <name> Confrontation, the <name> Troubles and the <name> Emergency.

Of course my idea for the Twilight War is a little different, inspired a little by World in Conflict and First Edition Twilight 2000.. but set in the early 21st Century (namely NOW) where the Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact didn't fall, but where they adopted 'state capitalism' to save their collective bacon.

Havana Pact (Central & South America)
Beijing Pact (Asia & Pacific Rim)
Baghdad Pact (Middle East & Northern Africa)
Congo Pact (Central, Eastern and Southern Africa)

Any advice on naming some of these forces would be appreciated. The Fifth UK Army located in Africa was going to be named the British Army of the Nile. But i wasn't sure they'd name it that since most of their operations has one Corps fighting in Ethiopia, Kenya, and Sudan.. and a second Corps is fighting in Southern African. And I need to figure out where the Fourth UK Army would be deployed.. I had thought of them fighting in the Asia/Pacific Rim theater with the bulk of the units assigned being from the Commonwealth nations.

First UK Army (British Army of the Danube): The British Army of the Danube is assigned to Southern Europe & the Balkans
Second UK Army (British Army of the Rhine): The British Army of the Rhine is assigned to Northern Europe
Third UK Army (British Army of the Thames): The British Army of the Thames is assigned to the British Isles
Fourth UK Army (British Army of the <>): The British Army of the <> is assigned to
Fifth UK Army (British Army of the <>): The British Army of the <> is assigned to Africa
Sixth UK Army (British Army of the Amazon): The British Army of the Amazon is assigned to Central & South America
Seventh UK Army (British Army of the <>): The British Army of the <> is assigned to Asia & the Pacific Rim
Eight UK Army (British Army of the Euphrates): The British Army of the Euphrates is assigned to the Middle East
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.

Last edited by natehale1971; 01-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.