View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Banned

Leg,

Its the last armored division the US has left and they just brought home thousands of men who have armored warfare experience.

The division is seriously short of men and is guarding hugely important installations that even HW said were critical to MilGov's power base and ability to conduct operations.

And they had five months to go from Norfolk to Oklahoma.

As for transport - there are operational steam engines in PA that could be used a la Going Home (presumably the players would arrive that way and give MilGov a great idea for transport within the US) to get them across the country pretty quickly and if players can arm a train with whatever they have on hand just think what the government can do or what you can do with shipboard armament mounted on railcars

They would have got men to the 49th guaranteed

They arent the MP's up in NE who are doing food distribution - the 49th is the ballgame for retaking Texas and holding those oil refineries

Lets say this - I would be open to accepting all the rest of HW but the destruction of the 90th Corps, the wasting away of the 49th and no reinforcement and the loss of those oil facilities - sorry but that part of the canon is BS and everyone who has ever served with the US military or had anything to do with the US military knows that.

MilGov isnt a bunch of complete idiots. Its a military government lookign at keeping the military in business no matter what. You dont throw away assets like oil refineries and oil wells and the last operational armored division in the US when you have 40,000 plus men sitting in Norfolk.

As for communication problems - sorry but they are in OK and MilGov is in CO. Thats practically next door. They would know exactly what was going on in that state. Hell by horseback they would get messages in a week or less.

Plus I know people who served in the 49th and have shown them the module - and after they finished laughing their butts off they said there is no chance in hell that situation happens where they desert and leave Texas in the hands of Mexicans, Russians and the Texian jerks.

The only place the division would desert to would be en masse, as a unit, to retake Texas. Especially once the guys from Red Star, Lone Star got back and told just how bad the situation was for the Mexicans and Russians in Texas.

Given that I consider anything about the 49th and the destruction of the 90th Corps to be exactly what the City of Angels is - i.e. apocrypha and not part of the game.