Thread: Ammo reloading
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 02:25 AM

Default blackpowder

For a formula - make it easy on your self -say they start out by hand and improvised tools as the starting level and that equals x shells a day and later they can upgrade from theer by capturing gear ,materials and people that know how etc .

I would stress the increased chance of misfire with rounds that have been reloaded to much or improperly - but thats just me..

Lack of ammo leads to creativity and ---

did you consider blackpowder weapons ? As offensive weapons they would lack efficiency -but used in static defense ,blackpowder cannon or mortars could be nasty.

In the T2K world they could have electrical ignition and motorized transport to move about the firing positions.

RThe brits actually used blackpowder mortars -some trench made- against the Germans up until I believe 1916 .

It doesnt really matter to the grunt wether the mortar that launched the round that just peppered his legs and groin with shrapnel was a modern or arcahic model.

Blackpowder is much easier to make than modern smokeless /nitrated powders.ANyone could do it pretty much ,and making a one -shot "claymore like" "gun" or AP device is not hard either.

As a supplement to the weaponry in the campaign -or as the mainstay as rounds run out..those brass casings are difficult to make for automatic weapons because of tolerance limits..and they do reload app 10 times or so ..but as they near the end of useful life and there are few new to be had -a .44 bp revolver might seem like a good choice -at least to take the "cheap shots" .

Bear in mind that some military deliberately make their shells unsuitable for reloading -they have all the ammo they want ,but they dont want anyone else picking up shells and reloading and turning this against them later .I believe that the Swedish Army -among others-still use a berdan type primer that is unpractical to reload in their 5.56 rounds.