View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikechoi View Post

There's also the fact that during this time period Korea is building a lot of merchant shipping competing with Japan. Generally containers but ULCC/VLCCs as well and that means shipyards with drydocks and the ability
to repair hull damage, steering, screws, reduction gearing, etc. Ditto w/ Japan. Even if a nuke hits it... there's still going to be a lot of scrap and hopefully human expertise that might allow something close to a offloading facility and refining enough oil into diesel and jet fuel.

Mad Mikec
Heck I could see maybe a useful situation where the Koreans and Japanese may find an working agreement about shipping, oil and refining of oil as required.

I just looked it up and found this list of Japanese Oil Refineries when compared to just the 4 major refineries in ROK. So there could be a brisk trade of shipping and repair facilities between the two nations for what oil that the Japanese trade for and ship into the region.