View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 10:38 PM
No. Appearing 30-500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Lee View Post
Rename this thread "Opinions about FL's upcoming edition" and start another for "v4 Rules & Mechanics (new)". Setting appears to be the hottest topic, another thread for that one may be needed.

So far, this forum has been more civil than some others I've been on, and I'd like to keep it that way. It's been said that some of us need to blow off steam about the new setting, and this can be a place for it. Let's not blast someone unsuspecting with that steam.

There will be new players coming to the game from FL's new game, and I'd rather we didn't run them off with stereotypical gatekeeping. Confining the negativity to one clearly-marked place (where forum rules still apply) might limit that kind of damage. We've been welcoming to new players all along, let's please keep it that way.
I'll second this - this 'rules & mechanics discussion' is 90% noise, 10% signal, and while I understand the underlying frustration, could we have one vFL thread without the carping? I hoped it would die down a bit by now so the few of us who'd like to kick the tires could do so without a constant chorus of, 'That car's a rip off! What a piece of junk!'