Thread: Warhammer 40K
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the Coastie
Most of my 23rd Tunguskan Guards Rifle Regiment are Valhallans, although I have a handful of assorted other figures (Catachans, Caidians, Attilan Roughriders and even some Squats with Praetorian NCOs) that represent smaller units that have become attached/absorbed by the regiment.

I use them primarily because I have them available and they would otherwise be collecting dust...I have not had the opportunity to play 40k for a few years now.
Wow, ed. Looks like we IG players tend to collect the different 'nationalities' of the IG and field them in a 'multi-national' battegroup.

I also have oodles of metal catachans (I got into 40k in late 1998 and was most active in 2000-2002). I also have metal mordians (these were the IG figure sets they had in abundance in the store I frequented so for a time they were the backbone of my army). I have one squad of metal Valhallans like yours which love for their quasi-soviet look.

Later when the plastic 20 piece cadians came out, I went apeshit and embarked on my last buying spree. Many are still in the figures case waiting to be finished painting.

Speaking of your Tunguskan Guards Rifle Regiment, I think GW came up with more russophile type figures sometime ago (Vostoyans?). I saw a few but I think they are only in metal and not cheap (well, 40k isn't cheap as a whole).

Squats. :-) Now I miss those guys. Never got to use them as when I came in, the rules already were in the 3rd ed and the squats got the axe. nonetheless, they are so cool....

I ran a gurps 40k game once and we had squats in the adventuring party.... :-)