View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsofian View Post
I think a lab version of the Hemmet is going to have some issues. The vehicle is a ten ton truck but I think the armor kit only covers the cab, not the payload area. I have seen some gun trucks that have armor on the payload areas but that basically takes up the whole weight of the payload and doesn't leave much for anything else.
Depending on the level of armor you are looking for, you can fit a lot on the payload and still have room for a lot of equipment. But this remains one of the reasons I think Science One is a custom vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsofian View Post
In adddition the Hemmet isn't NBC sealed. The HML is all about surviving in a post strike environment. It will certainly have a harder time climbing hills but a lot depends upon the trailer. The HML trailer is designed to house, protect from a nearby nuclear strike and then launch a 30,000 pound ICBM.
You can modify ANYTHING to be NBC sealed. But the HML will not "have a harder time climbing hills", it will be completely unable to do so, or to cross any kind of rough terrain - i.e., the vast majority of the post-apocalyptic landscape. It was designed to operate off-road only in the sense that wide flat plains and deserts can be considered "off-road".