View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernap View Post
I knew that now in the real life most of the Federal Agencies have a law enforcement branch. I just was having a hard time parse whether they existed prior to 2001 reforms or afterwards. It seemed like nearly everyone after 2001 bought themselves a police force in the federal agencies all over the fear of terrorism.

Also, thanks for the information about the DoE and hydroelectrics productions. I knew they owned most, but as you noted there is an exception to the rule.

Still provides an interesting bit of potential jobs, patrons, or even NPCs for the characters to interact with beyond the usual CIA/DIA or MilGov/CivGov points that most of the officially published modules had going on.
As far as I know most of the Federal Agencies are from before (the names may be different but most of the agencies were around before). For example the agency that I retired from FRB Police was around well before 2001, but under a different name, and charter was a bit different but not enough to make a real difference in game play I think. Also just did some looking into to it, and as near as I can tell the DOE does not (and I do not think ever did) owns a single dam. From what I can tell most are owned by either Bureau of Reclamation and Army Corps of Engineers if federal, but many (maybe even more than 50% not sure) are private or lessor government (state/counties and even some by cities).