View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzgunner View Post
I've had the privilege of shooting more exotic firearms in my life than I can even count (ask Rockwolf; he can tell you about me). If I were sniping for a living, and had to schlep my primary long gun up and down the mountains of east Asscrackistan, my rifle of choice would be the AMP DSR-1, in .338 Lapua. It's incredibly accurate, comparatively light-weight, ergonomically friendly, holds a zero extremely well (even when handled roughly), and it breaks down easily. As a bonus, it's modular, so you can configure it to suit your next mission. Oh, and let's not forget the additional detail that I can carry seven rounds for this at the same weight of one round of .50 BMG. (FYI, the AI AWM would have been my other choice in this caliber, but it weighs an additional kilo.)

Anyway, just my two cents worth.
Mark is a former USMC EOD who has spent the past what is it now 25 years as a firearms instructor and Title II weapons collector. Hopefully he has his HK21E up an running next time I'm upstate. It also reminds me that I should get some good ammo for my sniper rifle and hit the range.