View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 08:18 AM

Default T2013 - my harshest post to date .I havent tried the game - but I got a few remarks

Too big ???The book gets a negative for being too big?

Wtf?

Get with it please .

Too big is NOT a problem - too slim definently is .

You got a problem with a book being too big ,and that your computer dont do up the pdf quick enough you cant retain respect as a reviewer if you write this imo.

Playtesting the rules ,trying to use the artwork and material inside for actual sessions as a GM and get back to us please.(citisizing the critique here I know and a little less diplomatic about it but doing a review of a product in the fledgleing RPG business takes a certain tact imo ).

A lot of people here could come up with and publish a game if they took the time and effort - fact is that the T2013 guys did ,the rest of us didnt .You may -may not like the rules /timeline ( V1.0 rules kinda suck imo compared to V.2.0 and even V.2.2 that I dont like so much )
As for coming up with "fresh" rules you would be hard pressed not to include some element of odds calculation that havent been done before in other systems - how many ways to modify factors and calculate probability are there ?
Timelines discussion - if anyone truly believes that the first 2 timelines were so Dang sharp a gazilion analysts could be brought to the discussion to state why there is no way those timelines are realistic either ...much as the new one ..(no offense -please - I made our timeline for our game,its on our site , I dont doubt people will find it inplausible .I live in Norway ,I have my mental luggage as others have theirs and the way I view the world order is definently different from others --they are personal and can be countered at every turn -its speculation in a game setting .(Can I help that peopl ewill hail me as a nostradamus II after I am gone ??).

As for the rest - until I playtest I got only this to say:

I thought the game was an old relic washing around in the minds of people that played it for fun in their youth -but here it is- a fresh publication .Love that the game is being kept alive .As for the new version (V.3.0?) - I got to try it out before I comment as I said .

Each to his own taste in gaming I say

-I like the V.2.0 with our own house rule amendments.It is a little harsh on the characters but he who liveth by the pen and paper sword shall perish etc ..( on paper as well.)

Bringing "fistfights/lets meet up too se what happens " into the discussion doesnt sit well with me -its just negative is all .
Anyone got a problem with that come see me .

lol

I `ll get you a cup of coffee and help you get over spending 1100 US $ getting from where you are to my place

Last edited by headquarters; 12-18-2008 at 08:30 AM.