View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
A science team with a permanent lab someplace makes sense. You don't want your scientists playing with an unknown pathogen using a hood constructed from scavenged plexiglass, duct tape, hair dryers and fiberglass insulation. Though a case could be made for a mobile lab built inside a large trailer or two.

An aviation base would be large for just the maintenance hangers. If you are going to use that much land, it sounds more like a regional base for these types of assets rather than a team bolthole.
The more I sit here and plot, the more I like the idea of a dedicated Science Base, this would allow for state of the art dedicated labs with the mobile labs restricted to mobile teams, maybe one such base per region?

I agree that a MARS Team with aviation support would most likely based out of a regional command base.

I can see a possibility of a MARS/Aviation Team dedicated to a specific mission, say taking custody of nuke warheads. This would require a larger than normal bolthole, but still, a single use facility.

Thoughts?