View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
The more I sit here and plot, the more I like the idea of a dedicated Science Base, this would allow for state of the art dedicated labs with the mobile labs restricted to mobile teams, maybe one such base per region?

I agree that a MARS Team with aviation support would most likely based out of a regional command base.

I can see a possibility of a MARS/Aviation Team dedicated to a specific mission, say taking custody of nuke warheads. This would require a larger than normal bolthole, but still, a single use facility.

Thoughts?
I like the idea of a dedicated Science base..... Maybe scale it to less than 50 personnel. Somewhere a Team in the field could send samples for analysis..... Something Level 4 containment with on site destruction possible.

Makes sense when you are expecting manufactured plagues and diseases. This extends to agricultural disease, such as blights, meant to wreck the food supply or animal stocks.

That science base can lend other support like super computer time for engineering tasks...... Aligning the mirror sats for transmitting the power down links too.