View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Registered Registrant

While talking to some work colleagues this afternoon about the movies made from the "I Am Legend" book, one of them mentioned a movie I hadn't heard of before. With a little checking I found a review that proved quite interesting. Here's what the reviewer had to say in his first paragraph

"A black man, the last man on Earth, fends for himself in Manhattan after a global plague wipes out the rest of humanity. His loneliness overwhelms him. He slowly slips into insanity, speaking to mannequins he's set up throughout the city to approximate some form of normalcy. Every day at noon, he pleads into a short-wave radio, announcing his location, and his intention to broadcast indefinitely, hoping to get a response. Then he finds out he's not alone. That's the premise behind I Am Legend (2007), right? Wrong, but who could blame one for seeing the similarities?"

The movie is called "The World, the Flesh and the Devil", starring Harry Bellafonte and made in 1959
http://www.cinemaviewfinder.com/2009...nth-world.html
While this movie wasn't an adaptation of "I Am Legend", the movie of that name might be something of an adaptation of "The World, the Flesh and the Devil". Who can say but I thought it was interesting that the two movies share a lot of similarities - almost to the point of the Will Smith movie being a copy of some scenes.