View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
Well guys - I know it aint exactly kosher to drag zombisa nad what have you not into our genre- (we prefer political/military backdrops ) but "Stakeland" is pretty good imho. Good imagery for a T2K setting , characters and story are a bit clichečd but holds their own imho.

I definently recommend "Stakeland" - have to say I wanted to whittle a bit after.

Well thats all - of to the store for some more dry goods and buckshot shells.

Stakeland is one of the weirdest films I've seen in a while. It was good in a strange way but to me the vampire apocalypse setting just doesn't work, although the general setting could be used for T2K. No real explanation to how the vampires came about, and no consistancy to their powers. In the first scene the vampire can jump about like a fly but from then on they just walk around like other people. Sometimes they are only about after dark but then in other scenes they seem to be able to walk about fine in the daylight. Guns don't seem to harm them but a small wooden stake can kill them and fire can scare them. Weirdo religous nut cases using helicopters to drop them into fortified towns they want to take over. Strange and inconsistent.