View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 03:05 PM

So I tracked Metro 2033 down (the Redux bundle with the original game and Last Light) and it’s interesting although haven’t managed to play much yet just the introductory scenes really which are more rail shooter than FPS but I gather that changes as you progress further.

I have picked up the Audible of the original novel however for the drive to work and it’s good - some great atmosphere and scenes / characters that could be adapted for inspiration for T2k as the post-apocalyptic tech level is similar enough.

There’s rules for Underground Combat and lighting in “The Black Madonna” so I could see a T2k adventure set in one of the old Metros if not Moscow then given the trajectory of the default westward journey to Bremerhaven then maybe Berlin’s U-Bahn system had enough complexity to have a troglodytic culture starting to develop.

Warsaw apparently has only 2 lines NS and EW so I could see it supporting a sneak attack on the Baron’s forces or smuggling routes for the more benevolent communities but not a full adventure or campaign.

I’ll probably wait for Exodus to come down in price but the train scenes and concept look rich in material to be mined for ideas for an *eastward* bound campaign ie. an OpFor campaign where the player group are Soviet forces intent on returning home rather than the default US troops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk