View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:00 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere Man 1966
Vehicle Mounted repeaters are a good idea to, even some police cars have that. As to atmospherics, they have an effect too. I talked to Canada on 1 watt on my walkie-talkie across Lake Erie by standing at the shore. I once picked up out local police department on UHF as far away as Canton, Ohio because of ducting in the atmosphere. Then again, you have other factors you pointed out too. Then again, it could be up to the ref if the plot requires it and it somewhat plausible.

Chuck M.
I recall at Camp Courtney Okinawa, using a PRC 67 and a mast antena they were able to pick up the West Coast United States.

Then my uncle was a HAM, they would have a routine yearly radio weekend event at a local part. and with his walkie talkie handheld sized radio and some of the other folks they with some magic that only that sort of person understand were talking with folks all over the world.

Again what magic is contained in those little boxes and the witchery they preform I know little of.