View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:38 AM

Bank armored cars:
With the the Orlando theme parks (Sea World, universal Studios, and WDW), I see there a significant need for bank armored car companies, even though many guest these days pay via plastic.

On the subject of Disney World, what are the thoughts on how it would be used after 1996? I can't see too many taking vacations to WDW (even me, who goes there a lot) once the war starts in earnest, and especially once the nukes start falling. Travelling 500-1000-1500+ miles for a vacation when that's going on just seems unbelieveable to me to put it mildly. Bat-$h!t Crazy would be more accurate.

Would the Disney Resort be used as a billet and/or an R&R destination for returning/recovering military personnel? keep in mind, they have one hotel (Shades of Green) dedicated to retired/active US Military Personnel and their families.

The Resort area does have limited avenues of entry...I could see the State Police/Military being able to keep looters/biker gangs/etc out of WDW with moderate to good success. So what damage would you see WDW suffering post TDM? Most of the computers that run everything, at least at the parks, are in underground areas and would be shielded, at least somewhat from EMP.

I have a hard time believing that most of the remaining computer facilities wouldn't be in facilities that arean't hardened to some degree. They must keep working, even on a Class 3 or 4 Hurricane. They do; I was there during Hurricane Wilma several years ago. Things worked pretty well considering, and we only lost about 3/4 of a day to the storm.

Also, keep in mind the presence of FOUR steam engines at WDW, with 3 present at any given time (1 off site per year for a rail-up overhaul). With war afoot, that unit would probably still be on property. Given time and manpower, rail could be laid to the Magic Kingdom from the nearest live rail. Oil for fuel could probably be salvaged from a variety of sources (motor oil recycling for one), as all of the engines have been converted to use oil.

Any ideas?

-Dave