View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 03:51 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Folks, I screwed up the other day. The following section

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico20854 View Post
November 19, 1997

Various sources report an increased possibility of a Soviet nuclear attack on the UK. The Prime Minister, having received considerable criticism for his rushed evacuations during previous false alarms since July and reluctant to panic the population, is reluctant to order another full implementation of Operation Peripheral. Instead, after some discussion it is decided that the Royal Family will leave London for their estate at Sandringham in Norfolk, accompanied by the Home Secretary. As a precautionary measure, other senior members of the Government quietly leave the Capital for secure locations throughout the southeast of England.
is from Rainbow Six's amazing Alternative Survivors' Guide to the UK.

It's such a great work that I have been leaning on it for much of what I have ging on in the UK. I screwed up by not giving Rainbow the credit he is most certainly due for his work, and I once again apologize!

Please take some time to read through his work. It has a lot more on the UK than I could ever hope to!

Once again, I'm sorry Rainbow! (And if I have picked up somebody else's work in my years of hoovering up timeline info, please let me know so I can get you the credit you are due!).
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...