View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 03:49 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer View Post
This is great! Really detailed, well researched, and plausible.

I do have a question on National Guard and Reserve mobilization. Most of the combat units are running through rotations at either the National Torture Center or Just Relieve The Commander. Are they using their own equipment or CTC stocks? CTC puts a lot of wear on vehicles and the units are going direct from the CTCs to SPOEs/APOEs.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks! The reserve component units going through the combat torture centers use a mix of loaner vehicles (primarily trucks, HMMWVs, M113s, Brads, M88s and M1-series tanks) and their organic vehicles. The units that have M60A4 tanks or LAVs have to use their own, and the equipment pools at the various bases only have a single battalion of M109 howitzers, so any reinforcing artillery needs to bring their own vehicles. Spoiler alert, the newly-formed units that are training up at the centers during the TDM ultimately go into combat with the loaner vehicles, which (as I know from personal experience!) are pretty much the most worn-out vehicles in the Army... a wear value of 8 just leaving the motor pool (at best)!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...