View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 05:05 AM

This is the "infamous implication" that I referenced earlier

Quote from "Prime Base" Module (page 49)

"Personnel of the Atlantis Project knew of their Morrow Project counterparts but the converse was not true. Atlantis was not supposed to come on line until 100-150 years or so had passed (just about now in game terms). At that time, cadre Teams of the Atlantis Project would be activated by their own recall and retrieval systems and begin moving out and carrying the Mission (rebuild and succor) to the rest of the world."

"But all of this was based on the notion that the Morrow Project would have been operational in North America for about one hundred years."

(my italics added for emphasis)

I interpret this as follows:

1. The Morrow Project is tasked with rebuilding North America. I can't find anything in canon to suggest that it intends to operate outside North America. If there were partner locations, then IMHO, SOUTH America and the Caribbean would be those partner locations
2. The Atlantis Project is tasked with rebuilding everywhere else (including UK). But this is AFTER the MP has completed a century of work in North America

I'm trying to work out what the AP teams would look like - and how they might be made fun to play.

The AP Teams have the advantage that they have "their own recall and retrieval system". Therefore, they are likely to wake up AS AN ENTIRE PROJECT. Also, they are EXPECTING to find themselves in a time when Civilization ended decades ago. They should be prepared mentally and equipped accordingly.

OTOH, they have the disadvantage that they are expecting support and recruits from a rebuilt North America. They probably don't have a Frozen Watch system and their Supply Bases are smaller than the Morrow Project's

Last edited by Matt W; 11-09-2010 at 05:38 AM.