View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
Matt,

Sure, there's no canon reference to anything other than the USA for the Morrow Project, and without anything specific one way or another it's open to interpretation. Logic dictates that a place like the UK would be an invaluable stepping-stone into Europe and in a position to support the AP, but it cannot do this if it's 100 years after the war.

The Caribbean would be completely worthless in almost every way and the South (and Central) American nations don't add anything to the Project that isn't already in North America and aside from the distances involved, civil order is somewhat tenuous there in many areas even now, before WWIII.

Further, as you can appreciate, the emotional and economic ties between the USA and other prospective MP countries like Canada, the UK and Australia/NZ can't be discounted. There does not seem to be any creditable reason to let these most crucial allies lay in ruins for a century or more.

Tony
I agree with Tony on this... The UK could easily be included with the Project due to these traditional ties. And the British Isles have historicially been used as a 'stepping stone' for going into Europe. Both WW1 and WW2 we did that, and the plans for war with the Soviet Union had us using the UK as a staging point to go into Europe. Thus the reason why they'd have been pounded by nukes.

TMP assets in the British Isles would definitely be at least 2 COGs (one for Great Britain and one for Ireland). Or even three (Scotland, England and Ireland).

And the assets in the British Isles could/should have slept for up to 10 to 30 years after whatever TEOTWAWKI Event happened... Thus using assets andn support from North America.

All the open spaces in Canada (for the Morrow Project) and Australia (for the Atlantis Project) would be perfect for underground/hidden factories and storage depots.

I've thought of underwater bases/assets... there was a movie that was made a long time ago that i remembered seeing were an espionage team was based out of what looked like a q-hut underwater that was used.

hell, there was a movie that looked alot like TMP (right down to the flightsuit coveralls) where a group of scientists and janitor/maintenance man had to deal with mutants killing them when they went out after a nuclear war. The maintenance man had used a cross bow.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.