View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:03 AM

Default Emigrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I'm not sure that would work. There are a couple of reasons. First off, the 173 BCT is a much smaller unit than V Corps and it already has an organic LRRP company. Second, for a smaller parent unit, my inter-allied commando (in Kenya) would need to be much smaller- probably platoon strength. And lastly, there are fewer nationalities present in Kenya and I'm not sure how far the PMC personnel angle could realistically go. I could see UK and French personnel (in addition to Americans and Kenyans) but beyond that, I'd have to come up with some pretty convoluted backstories.
Kenya has a lot of different ethnicities ,asians,africans ,europeans,americans .The groups sizes are dwarfed by the locals of course .

Many are there just temporary , but some have long lasting communities-Indians,Chinese,Europeans.

If a war and a situation on the scale of T2K happens ,many would be left without livelyhoods and way to get home.Could it be percieved that they would " band together " and try to establish a platform to gain influence and resources to better look out for themselves -as a minority in an African country ? They cannot compete in the jobmarket otherwise as labourers ,but if a military unit is hiring many might join up .Especially if they could be convinced that they are fighting on the side of their allies as far as the war in Europe and Asia is concerned.

Think of emigree families from Asia and Africa and the Americas .I have met people -alot of people - that have a branch in the old country,another in Americas,one in Africa .They emigrate to work for a period or permanently .
etc etc .They also sometimes migrate back and forth for visits and work .

DeCorbas ( board member) grand uncle was a famous Danish war hero .he fought as a Chindit in Burma ,taking part in the famous Wingate (?) expedition and beyond .He was jokingly referred to as the "Free Dane " ( Denmark was occupied by the Reich ) .

He had no way of returning ,but he could join his allies in the British forces and help against a common enemy-the empire of Japan.
He was a foreman at a rubber plantation or some such before the war .

there could be a lot of men in his position in a Kenyan T2K scenario .