View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 AM

Default inconsistent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN7 View Post
Stakeland is one of the weirdest films I've seen in a while. It was good in a strange way but to me the vampire apocalypse setting just doesn't work, although the general setting could be used for T2K. No real explanation to how the vampires came about, and no consistancy to their powers. In the first scene the vampire can jump about like a fly but from then on they just walk around like other people. Sometimes they are only about after dark but then in other scenes they seem to be able to walk about fine in the daylight. Guns don't seem to harm them but a small wooden stake can kill them and fire can scare them. Weirdo religous nut cases using helicopters to drop them into fortified towns they want to take over. Strange and inconsistent.
agreed - inconsistent in some parts - just like I d imagine an apocalypse to be. As I said - its not a military/economocal/political backdrop - but rather your zombie type carnage situation that brings the govs down. As for the lack of explanation - there arent anything but theories in the movie.

I dont think its weird - in the sense that its hard to follow - but it has a certain twist to it. I consider it to be a good movie in the genre. Glad you saw - I would imagine it to be limited release.