Thread: RAF Regiment
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapparee View Post
Hate being a nitpicker over an otherwise perfect write-up!:L Just on the point of 3 Squadron based in Northern Ireland, couple of useful points to consider.

Éire technically is the name for the island as a whole. But I thought it was a nice little touch!

Secondly, the Rangers you mention are the Army Ranger Wing and are more akin to true special forces then elite light infantry. The Irish Cav are usually the unit used in most raids and harassments but considering the location of RAF Aldergrove, its an intelligent choice!

Nice write-up, before hand all I knew really was the existence of the RAF Regiment, not much beyond it!
Please don't be afraid to nitpick, I regard my articles as discussion points that evolve into something that everyone likes and hopefully uses.

Names in Ireland are emotive subjects with different names meaning different things to different people (Derry/Londonderry being a prime example!).

I haven't done much work on Ireland yet, I will probably evolve 3 Squadron a bit when I do so.

Thanks for the feedback.