View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Banned

Tom - I am looking at it from the perspective of the last offensive that NATO conducted that led to the destruction of the 5th

If you look at their reasoning (i.e. to control the areas in Poland around their seacoast and also a possible linkup with anti-Soviet forces in the Baltics) you could see that the area in question is also a big part of the area the Germans gave up at the end of WWII, including the area that used to be East Prussia.

And while they have more than enough to do at home (and I agree completely with you there) you could see reactionary elements within whats left of the German government and army wanting to restore a Greater Germany - look at how much the German Army has in Austria for instance - you would have to wonder if part of why they are there is to restore the Anschluss de facto (i.e. we are protecting you and keeping the Russians out and maybe you want to make that permanent)

and it may not even be the whole German Army thinkign it - could even be a piece of it wanting their own little empire to build for their very own and thinking using the Americans that are left behind is a great way to acheive it