View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender View Post
Nice

About the dutch troops in french employ, I'm not convinced by the pump action shotgun as they have never been in much use among french troops. I would suggest MAT-49 instead or FN/browning auto-5 which were produced by the FN at Herstal (near Liege). For handguns I would equip them with stored Browning M1910 (7.65mm cartridge). For vehicles, you can have Belgium made Land Rover and french Hotchkiss Jeep. Armored would certainly be M3 APC and Panhard AML.

However, with time, these units should be receiving more modern weapons. As far as I know Liege-Herstal survived the war. In addition, the entire french arm industry has survived the war (as far as canon is concerned) and it should be in full production at the time of the "Dead Zone".

With the establishment of the Dead Zone and the annexation of Belgium, France has a strong siderurgy, enough iron and quite some coal. Coal mines in Belgium, France and Saarland have been closed by the mid-1990's (too expensive to exploit) but the twilight war would make them interesting again.
Nice thoughts. I had gone with the pump-action as I wanted to emphasize the paramilitary nature. I didn't envision them with vehicles as they are intended as local forces (indeed their main strength is local knowledge). I may well add MAT49s and M1910s to the list (with a note that they fold down well for the resistance if captured - even with the magazine attached).