View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
That might again take new rules!

This reminds me the story out of Vietnam about a Cobra crew who needed to stop a PT-76. Unfortunately, they only had HE rockets, which did not penetrate the PT-76. But they kept firing, and the tank was stopped -- not by destruction or a mobility kill, but by the concussion from the HE explosions on the PT-76 killing the crew.

New rule?
For overpressure damage in V2.2, I take the Concussion Damage dice and subtract the vehicle's armor protection from that number. If the number is positive, that is the number of D10s you roll for occupant damage. This "blast damage" (like my actual concussion damage) is divided up and applied to ALL the locations with extra damage being applied to specific locations as follows...

Head first
Chest second
Abdomen third
Limbs (start with the arms) last

Personal body armor (other than a bomb suit) DOES NOT work for Concussion Damage.

Vehicle Damage:

I put electronics on the outside lines of my vehicle charts. So you can hit radio antennas, electronics, and optics by rolling that line on my location charts (these resemble the charts used by BATTLETECH the mech game).