View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 06:07 PM

Default Project Equipment: Drones

Suggested equipment for the PD. As always. jeers, burns, and the usual comments are cheerfully welcomed!

This is something that I have been playing around with for the last couple of years with my local gaming group. The genesis of was the Morrow Air thread that was posted a few years ago.

I have to say, IMHO, that equipping the Project with fixed-wing combat aircraft kinda goes against the ideals of the Project. Helicopters, I can see some use, birds such as the CH-47, MH-6; UH-60 and even OH-58s. The only fixed wing aircraft that I really feel comfortable with would be a handful of C-130s, C-23 Sherpas, Caribou and Buffalos. The only armed fixed wing I can see use for would by OV-1 Mohawks and OV-10D Broncos, yes they are lightly armed, but their surveillance capabilities would be of use.

So why drones?

Primarily for their surveillance capabilities, their ability to loiter for long periods and even for their ability to carry weapons. Now for the meat of this thread...